International Youth Fellowship Uganda

International Youth Fellowship Uganda
EXCHANGE YOUR YOUTH FOR THEIR HEARTS...

Mind Education Workshop - International University of East Africa

[ IYF Uganda Mind Education / Good News Corp overseas Volunteers activity updates on 20th March 2017]


Hello. My name is Sim Hyo Hee. I came  as a GNC 16th class Uganda. In Uganda it is always shinny. The sunshine is very hot but it is cool in the shade. These days because of rainy season, I have to wash my clothes in time. At first, I couldn’t tell so I used to get angry when my clothes got wet. But now, from the movement of clouds, I can tell when it’s going to rain. Day by day, I’m learning a new mind set in Uganda. I’m very thankful to be here.
Attendance registration before the start of the workshop 


Now I’m going to post news about the Mind Education and Recreation activities that took place in IUEA today. In this university, we have been advertising for one week before the workshop. And over 200 students were eager to know much about Mind Education and were willing to join us as they were coming one by one. I was so excited within that one week of advertisement. Finally, today, the Mind Education Workshop took place. I was looking forward to how many students will attend, whether I can meet them again.

Doctor Emeka(Second Right) who is head of department science technology and
professor Daudi(Second Left) who is chancellor of the university
Today, the chancellor and the head of department science technology present during the workshop. Professor Daudi is a very big supporter of IYF Mind Education.  Mind Education program is still going on. This July 2017, Uganda World Camp will be held in WonderWorld Auditorium of IUEA. That’s why today’s workshop was very important.

Pastor Kim Seong Hoon also visit the university and delivered mind lecture.

Uganda righteousdance team


Before beginning workshop, music video of GRACIAS choir made students’ ears opened and also their mind too.



There has been righteous dance performance right after Gracias choir. Also hyeonJoo and me are members of dance team. During practicing dance with the local volunteers, I had difficulty preparing dance together. Sometimes we fought one another. But whenever we had those kinds of troubles, our country director and his wife always helped us remove misunderstanding by communicating one another. Still now, I can’t forget the feeling when I heard clapping of students after successful performance. I felt like our mind had become one.  

Professor Emeka(The head of department science technology)

Professor Emeka(The head of department science technology) represented the vice chancellor and delivered welcome remarks. The professor had opened his heart to us the first time our volunteers advertised about IYF programs. I was so thankful that he is interested on IYF who thinks much of people mind and changing life.His open heart also sparkled our heart to the professorand IUEA and therefore we could witness how our hearts could connect.




In mind lecture time, country director gave lecture about desire and self-control. Desire in our heart is good and necessary. But if we have no power controlling the desire, it’s like broken car without a brake. He said “It is necessary to control our desires not meet them”.

“My 2 sons are 4, 6 years old. They always want me to buy candy, snack for them. But when they come of age, will they still hope me to come with candy? Their desires also become bigger as much as they grow up. Becoming adult, they’ll have bigger desires than before. But there must be limit of parent’s capability~. . When the desire goes beyond the limit, they will feel unhappy, complain about it. Great parents don’t do everything which children want for them. Though I have 10, giving them 6 is wisdom which make them have self-control. Try to control yourself !, then you will get used to it and can have powerful, bright mind set no matter what difficulty you have. 
 

Through the example of a jelly heart and the brick heart ,he taught us that the person who has weak mind can easily fail but the person who has strong mind has no problem with overcoming challenge.

After his lecture, the students filled the questionnaire about how the lecture was, what kind of activities they want to join. Total 120 students answered positively. Though we didn’t do anything and lack many things, students opened their heart toward us and treated us like old friends. They already felt like family to me.
Mind Recreation


After that, It was time for mind recreation. But because it was a day of exam, I was worried that students will not participate in the mind recreation. Even so students started to gather one by one to join the game, those from the lecture and others who was passing by. They made a total of 20.
After workshop, we had lunch late. We were so hungry that we finished within a second. 

 



Previous
Next Post »

LATEST POSTS