International Youth Fellowship Uganda

International Youth Fellowship Uganda
EXCHANGE YOUR YOUTH FOR THEIR HEARTS...

Mind Camp Thanks Giving Day for Volunteers [20170805]


Hello, Im Hyun Joo. How have you been? Its been a long time since I last posted. Have you missed me? Haha
It would be summer in Korea by now. It has always been summer here. Im going to post something exciting and heated like the weather Uganda.


We hold World Camp in Uganda annually. We happen to prepare bigger camp than we have ever done so far, the venue was Freedom Square right where we used to advertise. Weve got a lot of things to set up because we expected 3000 participants outdoors. Teams inviting participants got on with their advertising divided into university, secondary, church, ministry of education. Medical service camp team, accommodation team and office team prepared for the camp. 
The reason I took it a little long is  Because news today is volunteer workshop who had prepared the camp together with us!! This camp was too big to prepare on our own. So we recruited volunteers to run off the camp together. We had got trained for about 2 months since the beginning of June. During the camp, these volunteers were invisible workers. So thats why we have workshop called Thanks Giving Day for them. We took time to gather.


It started with dancing called All Together Dance of one of the members of Righteous. Actually we have had this kind of time every workshop. Then I realized African people they like dancing and to get excited. Haha Next was righteous performance. Wan Wei who is from China joined.
 
 


MC was on Joy who is IYF member and Jans who have been our volunteer.
Actually I get ashamed when I see Jans. One day, I asked him when he get up because I had seen him come earlier than others. Then he said 4am and head over here at 4:30am. I was able to reflect myself seeing him work with his all hearts. Then again, I was happy. Cause I was hopeful to think there would be more people like Jans working for IYF.  

Next was preview time. Thought it was 3days and 4nights short time, we looked back on the happy time we had had together watching the photos we took. I was happy looking at their smile in photos.

Mind Recreation





We played Talk Together, Body Language, I will beat you 3 games. We were able to enjoy playing game cause we have all been on good term through the camp. I felt like they are very pure and childlike when I see them enjoy the games they have done many times.
15 or 20 minutes for a game is so short that we play once again.
It seemed like they dont hear voice of time keeper. 

Mind Lecture 
 
Add caption


We had a time to take photo together with Lee Kyung Ho who is a member of the board of education. 


Gift& 수료식


The time for giving gift to Best Volunteer chosen was running crazy. All the team were there expecting to be called.(I got a self stick either~~~) some danced for gifts, some competed to get gifts. All above, the exciting time laughing and chatting was precious gift for us. We had time for certificate.
 




Unable to part right away !! we had dinner together. We ate chicken made from Mengo Market and chips from ZaZa. It was so good.
 
The people we happened to meet when Mind Education University Tour, the people who came across advertising and our internship students… though the ways we met one another were different, as we could make friends as we talked to one another and prepared during the camp. I’m so thankful to had have them meanwhile, I hope they could work with IYF next year.
 
Photo in the middle of workshop! Do we look happy?

Previous
Next Post »

LATEST POSTS