International Youth Fellowship Uganda

International Youth Fellowship Uganda
EXCHANGE YOUR YOUTH FOR THEIR HEARTS...

Mind Education Workshop - Cavendish University

[ IYF Uganda Mind Education / Good News Corp overseas Volunteers activity updates on 22nd March 2017]


Hello  I’m Good news corps oversea volunteer 16th class Uganda Lee Hyun Joo
It’s already been 2 months since I came here. These days, we have been moving around universities to advertise mind education and to hold work shop. We are very busy with those kinds of things. Going new place and meeting new people make my heart beat. And I feel burdensome and worried about how many volunteers will come and whether they will follow us well or not. But contrary to my worry, Uganda people open their ears, listen to us, show their interest and become our friend haha. While I have experienced new things such as meeting new people in Uganda, I always feel thankful and amazed!! I’d like my parents and you to visit Uganda once.

The university that I will post about, is Cavendish university which is 5th visit of mind education university tour. We have never gone advertise to here before. and I’ve just known that there will be a work shop 2 days before workshop. I had been worried if lot of students would come. Contrary to my expectation, there were already a plenty of students sitting there. After Vice chancellor of Cavendish university heard explanation of mind education, he has actively supported us, he had gathered students by himself. Also he had prepared all the thing we need for mind lecture such as lecture room, projector, beverage for participants. 

IYF Uganda mind education university tour prince coordinator who is MC
As i enter the classroom, they saw us curiously(now that it’s become 2 months since I came here, actually I got used to the way people look at us.)
Our members started to prepare something like broadcasting equipment, reception desk and dance. After showing CRCIAS CHOIR performance video, workshop had started with pst.prince’s introduction of IYF. 

After that, there was righteous stars dance performance. I and Hyo Hee has danced since Kyam Bogo workshop. At first it was kind of burden to me. Thanks to people who enjoy watching our performances, shoot  video, ask us to teach that dance after performance that I’m really excited^^
after performance, there were speeches of dean of students and vice chancellor. They both have supported us as well. He had explained the importance of mind education saying that not only studying in their curriculum but learning mind education is needed. They love IYF and welcomed us.  
Christina dean of students of Cavendish university
“thanks IYF for giving us mind education program. We are expecting the lecture which will be at 19th April”

Koi Mushira Trima professor vice chancellor of Cavendish university
“I didn’t visit IYF to ask for mind education, they come to us first. This feels like true love. Everyone, I want whoever attended the lecture to register, let’s participate all the rest of program of IYF. And please inform what you have learn to those who didn’t attended here. More importantly, I hope you guys took part of world camp which is in July ”

Mind Lecture


After their address of welcome, Uganda country director started to give mind lecture. We had seen the video. The video was how south korea has developed from poverty by war to economic wealth called miracle of Han river. The country director had begun lecture by example of our country. Regardless of the current state that the GDP goes over 2,8000 dollars, we are living unhappy life like our country has taken the rank first of commiting suicide and divorce, and that lowest place of birthrate




“why aren’t they happy as much as their country has developed? Because their desire grew as economy has been developed. Everyone, the more important thing in car is brake than engine. We can live a happy life when self-control get bigger than desire. We need education teaching us strong and right mind. There was New Village Movement when South Korea got rich. And now second New Village Movement is called ‘New Mind Movement (mind education)”



During lecture, the students was listening to him closely clapping with their heart^^
Vice chancellor and dean of students lasted to the last. And we had a time to give their impression about the lecture.

Steven / Cavendish univ second year student 
“I’ve learned the necessity of mind education. I took challenge mind set to my heart. I heard bed bug mind set of Jeong Ju Hyeong who is chairman of Hyundai. I learned how the chairman started to run shipping business. I used to be person who easily gives up things when they look impossible. But today’s story taught me how to challenge.
By the way, lecturer said that children can’t be happy when their parents can’t afford to satisfy their desires. Likewise I’ve got many things I want as I come of age. But I realized  that we need to raise the power of self-control.”



after that all, there had been impression of vice chancellor. 

“I’m mother of two children who are teenagers. One is 18. I’m still learning role of parent. I want you to keep stepping forward, teach yourself and develop yourself not just stick around here. I want you to look back upon desires and self-control we have learned and take a look at your heart. And I hope you guys inform your friends of what you have heard and gained. And we should advertise mind education through facebook. Thank IYF once again. I hope to see you next time.” 

Because they both had spoken in English, I couldn’t get well.(followed explanation is from local   vonlunteers lololol   actually I can’t understand well with my English…..). they were giving speech with their bright expression. I could tell by their power when they were speaking that they’d already opened widely.   






All the participants had taken photography together. I was very thankful for those asking for shaking hand,  requesting us to come again, putting up their thumb. Though it was first time to meet those students, they opened their heart toward us. Every time we do work shop, I can see students smiling and enjoying. That’s why I feel proud of myself. On the other hand, their innocence and open mind is so touching.




After I came here, I have experienced something I’ve never done before. advertising in univ, work shop, preparing mind recreation and living in Uganda are totally new with me. Of course, new doesn’t mean good and happy. Not everything is good. But there are so many things we could learned through. So I feel so grateful. I want to spend time which is not coming back joyful without regret.
I hope you reading this blog had a happy time and thankful time day by day.^^

Previous
Next Post »

LATEST POSTS